Professional boxing and combat sports in Victoria are regulated under the Professional Boxing and Combat Sports Act 1985 and the Professional Boxing and Combat Sports Regulations 2008 to:
- reduce the risk of malpractice
- promote safety
- uphold industry integrity.
The Act defines professional boxing and combat sports as any contest or exhibition:
- that is conducted for profit
- where contestants participate for a monetary reward
- where admission fees are charged, except if those fees are charged only for a public charitable purpose or for the administration of an amateur association formally recognised by the Minister for Sport and Recreation under the Act.
Contact the Combat Sports Unit on 9096 9833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about Professional Boxing and Combat Sports legislation refer to the Victorian Legislation website