Significant Sporting Events Program
The Significant Sporting Events Program helps sporting, community and event organisations to deliver significant sporting events in Victoria.
Private event organisations, National and State Sporting Associations, venues, Local Government authorities and not for profit organisations may apply.
Funding range of grant
Event Assistance Grants: Up to $20,000
Event Development Grants: Up to $300,000
This program is currently open and will close on 28 February 2018.
Provide the following supporting documents with your application:
- Event budget (draft version is acceptable)
- Evidence of support from the recognised State, National or International sporting body
- Previous event reports or evaluations
- Marketing and event plan (Event Development Grants only)
- Event bidding documents (Event Development Grants only where applicable)
If you would like to apply for a grant under this program, please first call 9096 9864 to discuss your event.
From Monday 16th November, we are implementing a new Grants Online system. You will need to register a new account prior to submitting new grant applications. If you have any queries, please contact Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 or email to email@example.com
Event Assistance Grants
Event Development Grants
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV).
For general Sport and Recreation Victoria grant enquiries:
- Phone: 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from mobile phones); or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm except public holidays