Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport
The Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport outlines behaviours that are expected of every person involved in community sport and active recreation, as well as identifying the types of behaviours that will not be tolerated.
On this site you will find more information about the code and its implications for various members of the community. Links to some helpful resources are provided to assist clubs and local sporting organisations to ensure that their members are fully aware of the code and play their part in ensuring its success.
Every person: spectator, player, club member, official, participant, administrator, coach, parent or member of the community involved with the sport, should work to ensure:
- inclusion of every person regardless of their age, gender or sexual orientation
- inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential
- respect is shown towards others, the club and the broader community
- a safe and inclusive environment for all
- elimination of violent and abusive behaviour
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation.
This code applies to community sport, training and club sanctioned activities.